Silver City Brewery
Apply for this Job
Located in the heart of the Puget Sound, Silver City Brewery has been producing award winning beers for over 20 years. Most recently, Silver City Brewery has had the honor of being recognized as Mid-Sized Brewery of the year and continues to be a staple in our community.
Silver City Brewery is currently seeking an energetic and highly motivated individual to join our Packaging team. This person will help coordinate and execute our packaging operations and report to the Operations Manager and Packaging Lead
Silver City Brewery is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Reports to: Operations Manager and Packaging Lead
Pay Rate: DOE
Employment Status: Full-time, Non-exempt
Availability: Open, including nights and weekends
- Ensure that all packaging activities are run safely and in accordance with SOPs
- Work with packaging supervisors to coordinate daily department goals and needs
- Maintains cleaning and sanitation in accordance to brewery standards
- Safely operate all packaging equipment and machinery, including date coder, labeler, and depalletizer.
- Perform can seam checks and can seamer adjustments
- Ensure all equipment is properly maintained and operational for each canning run
- Perform routine maintenance on all packaging equipment
- Run CIPs as necessary
- Learn and perform QA/QC tests as necessary and works with multiple departments to ensure quality control and quality assurance of all finished beer
- Ensure beer is properly carbonated using the proper tools
- Log packaging numbers accurately and report in a timely fashion
- Create and maintain SOPs for all packaging operations
Leadership and Planning
Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals while displaying a positive and professional image.
Adheres company standard operating procedures and maintains a clean and organized work atmosphere.
Records work accurately and strives to meet packaging goals without compromising quality
-Health benefits (Medical, Dental, and Vision available)
-Discounts on beer and merchandise
-Paid Time Off
-Self-starter with the ability to work independently
-Ability to supervise packaging line and corresponding operations
-Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and Outlook
-Familiarity with Material Safety Data Sheets
-Ability to handle heavy equipment and machinery
-Team Oriented Individual
-Adhere to safety policies and procedures established by company
-Maintains a professional appearance and work atmosphere
-Candidate should be able and willing to lift at least 31.5 lbs. from ground level to a shelf 50 inches from the floor. The candidate should also be able to move 165 lbs using proper techniques and necessary assistance
-Experience operating a forklift
-Experience with inventory management
-Brewing process knowledge, specifically in cellaring and conditioning
-Previous packaging experience using a rotary filler seamer